Wednesday, 14 May 2008

Art, in its written form

I am trying not to gush like a school girl, but I am in awe.

Ever since I found Dred Tory, I have made his blog a must read every day. Not necessarily because I agree with what he says (though most times I do), its HOW he says it.

Take this post. Seriously, go read it. Not for the content itself, for the way it is crafted.

I have always admired the written word. As an avid reader growing up, I was always ahead of the average in reading level. My writing though?

If I had to describe my style, it would be "hackneyed common blue collar parlance with pretensions of grandeur, which debases the value of the high literary words occasionally misused."

The elegance, wit and prose of Dred Tory constantly leaves me in awe. So much so that I have to constantly check myself, to ensure I do not swoon from the beauty of his argument. I have to absorb the argument, and detach it from the well crafted container delivering it.

And that my friends, proves that Dred Tory is an artist. When the form and structure can be more beguiling than the thoughts contained within, you know you are in the presence of a master.

No comments: