Friday, 8 August 2008

Intelligent Debate (Not!)

You really gotta wonder about people sometimes.

Here Raphael writes a rather non-partisan post about the government's commitment to the Canadian Forces. He opines that the Conservatives are not proving any better at funding our armed forces, than the previous Liberal governments. Its a good post, critical of the show over substance stance the Conservatives have been taking lately.

The comments on the other hand.

I'll summarize, "The Conservatives are waaayyyy better than the Liberals! They're perfect! How dare you criticize! LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA I can't hear you!"

It explains why the polling numbers don't move, that's for sure.

Update
And here again at BigCityLib

"So what if the Conservatives are running a deficit, the Liberals are evil, EVIL I tell you!"

*sigh*

We bitch and moan about the state of politics in this country, I honestly think we get what we deserve.

2 comments:

Raphael Alexander said...

Why thank you Catelli. I'm glad someone appreciate that post.

Catelli said...

You're quite welcome.

I just wish if someone had a contrary point, that they would debate it.