Wednesday, 13 May 2009

I'm a bad person...

...and I don't care.

Ideally, I'd like to be more in line with the Dawg. In reality, I'm channeling Jay (and Raphael and others). In an ideal world, the plight of innocent victims would arouse me to protest. In an ideal world I'd be an agent of change. In an ideal world, all that wouldn't be necessary because people wouldn't be killing each other in the first place. Since it isn't an ideal world, get the hell off of my highway.

I really don't care about the plight of the Tamils. I don't, not one bit. And no, not because they're brown; I didn't much care about the Protestant's and Catholics killing each other either.

Quite frankly, it doesn't concern me. It doesn't involve me. Obviously I don't accept the "we're all citizens of the world" meme.

And you know what? Its a war! People, mainly innocents, die during these things. As a coworker opined to me yesterday, "Why do we always have to feel sorry for the losers?"

So I assert my right to indifference. I also assert my right for you to stay out of my face. Go ahead and protest (that is your right), but don't get in my way while doing it.

2 comments:

Sir Francis said...

Well, while we're admitting troubling things about ourselves--I was struck by this:

As a coworker opined to me yesterday, "Why do we always have to feel sorry for the losers?"

That's exactly what I was thinking by the end of the day on 9/11, after being pummelled for hours by media nonsense about the "heroes" in the Twin Towers (who were, heroically, in the wrong place at the wrong time).

My next thought was, "Fuck: we're all in big shit now..."

Catelli said...

Well you can't carry the weight of the world on your own shoulders.

All you'll get for that is one hell of a back ache.