Tuesday, 27 October 2009

For Crying Out Loud Peter, Sit Back Down!

Mostly agree with the sentiment expressed here. I do not like the new National format at all. Very off-putting and exciting!!! without much content. I felt like I was watching Entertainment Tonight, everything is Hot! Exciting! Need to know! even when it isn't. They even gave a big build-up to Claire Martin. "See what she's watching now! Stay tuned! Its Life Shattering!"

I liked the old format. I relied on the National to take the time, approach items in-depth and do longer stories. I used to say, I watch the other networks to find out what everyone is excited about, and the National to find out what's going on.

I still like Peter Mansbridge (I find Lloyd Robertson creepy, I feel like I'm watching constant reruns of Weekend at Bernie's), but the new format of The National is distracting and none-functional. Constantly changing graphics, explosive sounds for each news item, weird and odd camera angles (how many times do I have to watch the back of Peter Mansbridge's head?)

I hope it all settles down and I get used to the changes. But to reiterate, I liked the old format. Talking heads work for me. I saw no need for change.

And Peter, don't put your hands in your pockets, especially when talking to Wendy Mensley. I start wondering what your hands are doing in there, and that's a thought I don't need!

No comments: