Tuesday, 9 February 2010

Pant Rant - Part 2, 1 Yr later

Feb. 24, 2009 I wrote this post:

I wrote how us tall skinny guys can't find pants no more. Apparently we are not a large enough segment to service.

The prediction I made:
In the coming years if you see a lot of skinny tall dudes parading around in nothing but boxers or flannel pajamas, now you'll know why.

No one will make pants for us to wear. Learn to avert your eyes. Hordes of skinny hairy legs will be descending on a community near you.

is that much closer to coming true. As of today I have exactly 5 pairs of pants left. Three are casual pants for work, and I have two pairs of jeans. For the last year, my wife and I have been scouring the internet and retail stores for 36x36 inch pants. We've had limited success, every once in a while we find a pair in stock and order it, price be damned. But our victories are rare.

Marks Work Wearhouse continues to be our best bet, followed by Sears. But that's like saying panhandling on Yonge St. is better than on Bay.

I've just put an online order at Marks for 4 pairs of jeans (the only pants in stock that I can find anywhere). Cross your fingers for me, or I'll be parading around in public naked from the waist down yet!

No comments: