Tuesday, 30 March 2010

I've Got a Crush on for Hillary

Not because I saw her naked*, because she's the only person who openly criticizes our government's policies:

To wit:

[Clinton] telling a Gatineau meeting of G8 foreign ministers that any initiative to improve maternal health – Ottawa’s signature global project this year – must include abortions, an option the Conservative government has tried to avoid.w
“You cannot have maternal health without reproductive health and reproductive health includes contraception and family planning and access to legal, safe abortions,” Clinton said Tuesday.
“I do not think governments should be involved in making these decisions. It is perfectly legitimate for people to hold their own personal views based on conscience, religion or any other basis. But I’ve always believed that the government should not intervene in decisions of such intimacy,” she said.

This isn't the first time I've agreed with her either. I've liked more things that she's said than any of our supposed leaders over the last few years.

*Blatant attempt to increase traffic to my site. Even if it is people with weird fetishes.

2 comments:

Ken Breadner said...

I like her politics. I *hate* her politicality. I think she's much better suited to her current role than she would have been as President.

Catelli said...

Yeah I know what you mean. I did not like how she ran her campaign at all. But I wonder had she won (and assuming she won the presidency, big IF) I wonder what kind of President she would have been? We may have been pleasantly surprised.

Of course, we're very unlikely to ever know the truth of that.