Wednesday, 28 April 2010

A Family of Snitchers

A few days ago, my wife noticed a school bus driver talking on her cell phone. The bus was empty of students (thank goodness). When she mentioned it to our neighbour (a cop's wife and a parent of school aged children) she went ballistic telling my wife that she should call and report on that driver.

Two days later, my wife saw that same driver, this time texting while blowing through a stop sign (again with an empty bus). She tried to get the bus number, bus line and license plate but couldn't get all the detail in time. My wife then resolved to travel with pen and paper.

Today she saw that same driver, again talking on her cell phone. Pen and paper were handy so all the details were written down.

The bus line was called, a supervisor informed. Dates, times, bus details all provided.

I wonder how long it will be before someone snitches on us? Oh well. Right is right. And consequences must be borne.

No comments: