Sunday, 27 June 2010

Finally!

One thing I always wanted to do as a kid while camping, is ride my bike. But with all of the gear we had to pack, there just wasn't any room. And bike racks were not that common back then.

Now that I have kids of my own, now they're pestering me to take their bikes. So I investigated bike racks, and settled on this:


It's a Proformance rack by ProRac. It is an awesome design. No screwing into the trailer top or frame. By sitting on the front A-frame of the trailer it lowers the profile, and makes loading and unloading so much easier. Also, when we sell the trailer, I just unbolt it and move it to the new one.

Here it is with my bike on it.


Note how the rear wheel sits on the trailer, and the front forks sit on the frame.  The rack came with everything needed to haul 4 bikes.  Overall, it can accommodate 6 and just needs two more front fork attachments.  Since we're a family of four (and staying that way) it is unlikely we'll need the extra two.  But you never know....

Very solid construction, but very easy to install.  I haven't gone anywhere yet and I'm already in love with it.

If you're in the GTA, and want one, give Chris a call.  You'll be glad you did.

No comments: