Wednesday, 16 June 2010

Let Me Be Allegorical

Many many years ago, my wife and I were out for a night-time stroll. As we came around a bend in one street we saw a man walking a Golden Retriever. The Retriever stopped on the boulevard and proceeded to drop the biggest pile of nauseating diarrhea I have ever seen. The smell was instantly gagging and of such noxious quality that I almost retched on the sidewalk right then and there. It took a supreme effort of will to keep the vomit down.

The resultant pile of semi-solid shit was easily 8" high and a solid foot in diameter. It was then I noticed the man's teen-aged son holding one of those small poop-and-scoop bags staring at the pile with a look of abject horror and fear on his face.

What brought about that particular memory? The picture found in this story.

2 comments:

Ken Breadner said...

Lovely, isn't it? I'm starting to see speculation in the MSM, previously relegated to fringe papers, that the rupture could in fact keep spewing for years. Years, as in plural.
I'm with you, this whole story is just plain sickening.

Catelli said...

I wonder how long it will take for the Atlantic Ocean poisoned by oil spill stories to start?