Wednesday, 9 June 2010

With apologies to BTO...

Motivated by Jennifer and Jimbobby

Here's my contribution:

Spending All Your Money  
(to the Tune of Taking Care of Business)
Performed by Your Conservative Government.

So the markets went down
And the word went around
That nothing really was OK.
As panicked calm gents
We discarded all sense
And started throwing money away.

So if your riding is mine
You're part of the design
All to make it seem OK.
We'll build you a park
We think its such a lark
To distract you away from the pain.

And we'll be...
Spending all your money
Every day!
Spending all your money
Every way.
I've been spending all your money.
Like its mine!
Spending all your money and spending every dime
Spend It!

Then we made a decision
To make it our mission
To entertain at the G8.
We'll build so many things
We'll dress Ontario in bling
We like shiny objects OK?

Then we'll keep the riff-raff out
Cause we don't like the shouts
As G20 leaders debate.
We'll build us a lake
And take pictures that are fake
As we party your money away.

And we'll be...
Spending all your money.
Every day!
Spending all your money.
Every way.
I've been spending all your money.
Like its mine!
Spending all your money and spending every dime.

No I won't be recording it.  A) I'm too lazy and B) I'm artistically challenged.  You're better off, trust me.

No comments: