Tuesday, 7 February 2012

Hot Dog Love

Ever since The Sheepdogs graced the cover of Rolling Stone, all the rock stations I listen to have one of their songs on permanent loop. I've probably heard the song several hundred times, but I still have no idea what the lyrics are or what the song title is. To me the lyrics are so muffled I can't make out the actual words and for the longest time I was damn near convinced the main chorus had the lyric "Hot Dog Love" in it. Repeated playback has reinforced those lyrics in my brain, and I started inserting lyrics of my own to fill in the other muffled lines. It has a catchy tune that is just begging me to sing along with it, so I had to come up with something.

So here are the lyrics to the song Hot Dog Love as I now imagine them to be:

"Hot Dog Love"


Never have I loved
A more regarded food
Holdin' a foot long
I love my meat prepared.

Man I am hungry now, Hot Dog Love
Wanting to eat it now, Hot Dog Love
Puttin’ lots of toppins’ on, Hot Dog Love
Would somebody please, feed me.

Lovin that treat yeah
Made of mystery meat
Loaded and drippin' with
Condiment glory, yeah.

Man I am hungry now, Hot Dog Love
Wanting to eat it now, Hot Dog Love
Puttin’ lots of toppins’ on, Hot Dog Love
Would somebody please, feed me.

Hot Dog Love, feed me.
Hot Dog Love, Hot Dog Love, feed me.

Hot Dog Love, feed me.
Hot Dog Love, Hot Dog Love, feed me.

Hot Dog Love, feed me.
Hot Dog Love, Hot Dog Love, feed me.

(Yeah, I know the actual song is "I Don't Know" but it's rather difficult to Google while driving."





No comments: