As a Microsoft License administrator for our company, I need to create a LiveID account to access our license agreements. So I started down that path, got stuck at the LiveID password reset option (which is mandatory). In order to create an account, I have to select a Question Answer combo that I have to correctly reply to in case I need my password reset.
These are the available questions:
2) Best childhood friend. I had a bunch, no one name is more memorable than any other. If I pick one, 5 years from now I can't be certain I would pick that name again.
3) Name of first pet. Ah! That was Shep.
Not accepted. The answer provided must be 5 characters long. Minimum. S-h-e-p 1-2-3-4 Oh for F#@$ Sakes!!!!
4) Favorite teacher. Didn't have one. If I did, it was Mrs. Whats-her-name.
5) Favorite historical person. Seriously Microsoft? How many people have a "Favorite historical person"? I suspect if you do, you have a list of them, so same problem as with Best childhood friend.
6) Grandfather's occupation. I know that one! He was a Cook! C-o-o-k. 4 Characters. Shit!!!! OK how about Chef? AAARRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!
I'm at the point where I have to pick one of the questions, make up an answer AND WRITE IT DOWN SOMEWHERE FOR EASY RETRIEVAL BECAUSE I WILL NOT REMEMBER IT. So I just defeated the purpose of picking a strong password earlier in the sign-up form. The irony is so painful it hurts.
*SIGH* If I could find the person that designed/approved this form I would kick them really, really hard in the shins. Twice.